Autism is a lifelong, developmental disorder that affects 1 in 54 children according to the CDC. The equates to 1.85% of the population.
So we sat down with Michael Barton a speaker on Autism, Asperger's and Neurodiversity. Michael was non-verbal until he was 3 years old and was diagnosed with Autism shortly after entering the regular school system. He is on the high functioning end of the spectrum and is focused on the positive aspects of Autism and giving people hope for the future.
- Gaining Employment as an Autistic Person
- Myths around autism
- What was school like?
- Focusing on what people can’t do versus what happens when people’s needs are met.
- Postiive aspecets of being Autsitic
- Special and Restrictive Interests
- Monty Python's Life of Brian
- The benefits of making adjustments for people with autism
It’s Raining Cat’s And Dogs - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ENSYZFG?ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_cxEyFb6XGEDT4&tag=kp066-20&linkCode=kpe
A Different Kettle of Fish - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00J2EA0VE?ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_GMo4DbDDRR6PP&tag=kp066-20&linkCode=kpe