In this week's episode I took a different approach and shared my personal experience that last few weeks on the stress and anxiety I have been experiencing within myself and witnessing in the people around me.
In it I also share some coping strategies that have benefited me and also proven by many scientific studies to help.
Resources and Links Mentioned in This Episode
References & Show Notes
- Rochester Medical Centre on Journalling: https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentID=4552&ContentTypeID=1
- NY Times Languisging Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/19/well/mind/covid-mental-health-languishing.html
- healthline.com Article on Cutting yourself a break https://www.healthline.com/health/i-need-a-break
- Today.come Article: Benefits of Walking https://www.today.com/health/physical-mental-benefits-walking-t207904
- AMA Article on Nature - https://www.apa.org/monitor/2020/04/nurtured-nature
- Forbes Article on Social Media - https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2017/06/30/a-run-down-of-social-medias-effects-on-our-mental-health/?sh=49c693f52e5a
- Benefits of Exercise: https://adaa.org/living-with-anxiety/managing-anxiety/exercise-stress-and-anxiety
- Episode 20 - Self Love and Vulnerability with Jeff Shepherd. https://www.havealittleinsight.com/episode/self-love-vulnerability-with-jeff-sheperd-of-leading-and-being
- Episode 4 - Mindful Self-Compassion with Dr. Steven Hickman. https://www.havealittleinsight.com/episode/mindful-self-compassion-with-dr-steven-hickamn
- Episode 5 - Coping with Anxiety with Meeshelle Neal. https://www.havealittleinsight.com/episode/coping-with-anxiety-with-meeshelle-neal-part-1-of-2